Research Administrator Network
Every year, the university’s researchers secure millions of dollars from various foundation, state, and federal sponsors, each with its own set of rules and requirements. Research administrators are charged with helping investigators interpret university and sponsor requirements and with helping investigators ensure proper stewardship of research funds.
The University of Texas at Austin has research administrators located in numerous offices across its main and satellite campuses. The Office of Sponsored Projects maintains a Research Administrator Network (RAN) listserv dedicated to disseminating timely research-related information to help administrators effectively manage UT’s vast and diverse research portfolio.
The listserv is *not* a tool to communicate with members of the Office of Sponsored Projects (OSP). If you have an urgent matter, be sure to call your OSP contact directly or call the main line 512-471-6424 and ask to be transferred to someone who can help you.
- Provide the research administrator community with a forum for exchanging ideas, best practices tips, and for posting queries.
- Dissemination of timely information required for proper management of research funds.
- Facilitate communication among administrators who are spread throughout our large and diverse campus.
- When you leave for an extended vacation, your out-of-office assistance will send the list a message announcing your absence every time someone posts a message. For the benefit of the community, you can help avoid repetitive messages by unsubscribing yourself from the list and re-subscribing upon your return.
- The default reply is “Reply All” – if you intend to reply to only one individual, be sure (s)he is the only person who appears in your reply line.
This listserv is hosted by The University of Texas at Austin. All rules that apply to electronic tools at the University also apply to this listserv. People who use university communication services (such as e-mail) are expected to use them in an ethical and responsible manner, following general guidelines based on common sense, common decency, and civility applied to the networked computing environment.
For example, Do not use this listserv to advertise home businesses, your child’s/grandchild’s school fundraiser, etc.
Do not use this listserv to threaten or harass individuals.
Your membership is voluntary. To subscribe, visit: https://utlists.utexas.edu/sympa/info/research_administrators_network and click the “Subscribe” link on the left side of the page.
If you would like to be removed from the list, visit https://utlists.utexas.edu/sympa/info/research_administrators_network and click the “Unsubscribe” link on the left side of the page. If you need assistance, you may call the ITS Help Desk at 512-475-9400.