OSP News & Alerts
Keep up-to-date with the every-changing regulatory environment of sponsored projects. Updates to Federal regulation and University policy and procedures are hi-lighted here so you are never caught off guard.
Did you miss the last OSP Newsletter? Read the latest editions of the newsletter.
- COVID-19 FAQ: See the latest information and general questions associated with proposal submission and award management that may arise in relation to COVID-19.
- New UT Research Management Suite - Agreements Module: Beginning June 1, 2020, all new non-funded research agreements will need to be submitted through the UT Research Management Suite - Agreements Module. There are many resources available on the UT Research Management Suite – Agreements site. Please Get In Touch with the Project Team to schedule training, ask a question, or provide feedback.
- NSF PAPPG (NSF 20-1): NSF is delaying the Biographical Sketch and Current & Pending template requirement to October 1, 2020 as required in PAPPG NSF 20-1. NSF will continue to implement all other changes to the PAPPG beginning June 1, 2020. Please see the memo from NSF announcing this change.
- Fringe Rate: The fringe rate agreement was approved by DHHS on May 21, 2020. The approved rates effective 9/1/2020 are:
Benefits eligible = 30.1%
Benefits ineligible = 5.68%
Additional information regarding fringe rates may be found on the OSP Fringe Rate page.
PAPPG (20-1) Open for Comment
NSF is accepting comments on the draft Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG) that will become effective in 2020. Significant changes will include:
- Removed requirement for section labeled "Intellectual Merit" in the project description
- Adoption of standardized biographical sketch format via SciENcv
- Clarifications regarding inclusion of unpaid positions on the biosketch
- Requirement to upload email of submission approval from NSF Program Officer for RAPID and EAGER proposals
- Allowability of data deposit and curation funds
- NIH & AHRQ update application instructions and merit review criteria related to inclusion of women, minorities, and children in clinical research, as of January 25, 2019:
- NIH to make RPPRs publicly available
- NIH is teaming with ORCID to reduce administrative burden. An ORCID unique identifier associated with your eRA Commons account will automate linkages with your professional activities (e.g. grant applications, publications, reporting, SciENcv).
- ARA: National Research Administrators Day 2020: September 22, 2020
Internal Submission Deadlines
- Johnson & Johnson WISTEM2D: September 17, 2020
- NSF National AI Research Institutes: September 24, 2020
- 2021 Blavatnik National Awards for Young Scientists: September 25, 2020
- NSF NRT Program: October 2, 2020
- NIH Collaborative Centers in Children's Environmental Health Research & Translation: October 9, 2020