OSP News & Alerts
Keep up-to-date with the every-changing regulatory environment of sponsored projects. Updates to Federal regulation and University policy and procedures are hi-lighted here so you are never caught off guard.
Did you miss the last OSP Newsletter? Read the latest editions of the newsletter.
- F&A Guidance for proposals with start dates of 9/1/2020
- New guidance regarding federal requirements to disclose Foreign Components and Other Support on sponsored projects—see RSC Guidance.
- Background on Foreign Threats presentation (May 13-14, 2019) by Renee Gonzales, Assistant VP for Research and Director of OSP. Overview and guidance regarding foreign threats to sponsored research and intellectual property and Federal agency response.
- New ERA Help Tickets Application: A new on-line tool to submit and track ERA system related requests (e.g. PI exception requests, unit code requests, system access, and RMS reports) is available on the OSP website. Read about Electronic Research Administration at UT Austin here. And submit a Help Ticket here.
- NSF Adopts SciENcv Format for Biosketches
PAPPG (20-1) Open for Comment
NSF is accepting comments on the draft Proposal & Award Policies & Procedures Guide (PAPPG) that will become effective in 2020. Significant changes will include:
- Removed requirement for section labeled “Intellectual Merit” in the project description
- Adoption of standardized biographical sketch format via SciENcv
- Clarifications regarding inclusion of unpaid positions on the biosketch
- Requirement to upload email of submission approval from NSF Program Officer for RAPID and EAGER proposals
- Allowability of data deposit and curation funds
- NIH & AHRQ update application instructions and merit review criteria related to inclusion of women, minorities, and children in clinical research, as of January 25, 2019:
- NIH to make RPPRs publicly available
- NIH is teaming with ORCID to reduce administrative burden. An ORCID unique identifier associated with your eRA Commons account will automate linkages with your professional activities (e.g. grant applications, publications, reporting, SciENcv).
- OSP Holiday Open House: December 11, 2019
Internal Submission Deadlines
- DOE Energy Frontier Research Center (EFRC): December 9, 2019
- Ono Pharma 2020 Breakthrough Science Initiative Awards: January 7, 2020
- 2020 Packard Fellowships for Science and Engineering: January 14, 2020