OSP Research Administration Training
The Fundamentals of Research Administration Training will no longer be offered as a two-day workshop held twice a year. Instead, it will be broken out as topic based training offered as a combination of on-line training and in-person training (Zoom during COVID-19).
Below please find the Core Curriculum that will be offered through OSP Research Administration Training.
- Overview of Sponsored Projects (in-progress)
- Cost Sharing (in-progress)
- Sponsored Project Closeout
- Salary Compensation Reporting
- Agreement Types
- Proposal Budget Creation (Final – Scheduled 9/1/2020)
- Subawards (In-Progress)
- Gifts vs Grants vs Business Contracts
- Spending on Sponsored Funding / Cost Transfers / Cost Allocation
- Sponsored Invoice & Reporting
Volunteer! Please consider volunteering as a Subject Matter Expert!
If interested, please email me at email@example.com.
SP1812: Proposal Budget Creation
The first class finalized is the Proposal Budget Creation class and will be offered through Zoom on September 1, 2020. Register for Course SP1812: Proposal Budget Creation.
This course provides a basic overview of the proposal budget creation process. Participants will learn the necessary tools to be efficient, compliant, and successful during the proposal budget creation process.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Recognize the importance of following the sponsor guidelines and deadlines for proposal budget creation.
- Articulate the common policies and regulations that must be adhered to by units throughout the proposal budget creation process.
- Prepare a proposal budget using basic calculations and guidelines for the completion of the common proposal budget categories (e.g., personnel, travel, F&A).