UTRMS is UT Austin’s system-to-system (S2S) solution for Grants.gov submissions to federal sponsors. UTRMS is a web-based system that allows users to prepare, manage and store their proposals more effectively, while also allowing The Office of Sponsored Projects greater submission stability and success rates.
If an opportunity published on the Grants.gov site is available in UTRMS, OSP requires the use of the System to System (S2S) functionality via UTRMS SF424 to submit said proposals.
For those federal submissions in which UTRMS does not carry supported forms for any component of the application package, a direct submission via Grants.gov is required.
Submitting applications via Grants.gov does require a user to have an account with Login.gov (Grants.gov login credentials) and hold the “Workspace Manager” role within Grants.gov.
Within Grant.gov, the Workspace Manager role enables a user to:
- Create a Workspace: To create a workspace, start at the View Grant Opportunity page or Apply Now link within a funding opportunity.
- Own Workspace: Ability to be a workspace owner, which allows users to add participants to a workspace and control form-level access.
Requesting Grants.gov Access
- A Login.gov account will be required first in order to log into Grants.gov; please go to Login.gov to create an account.
- To request access to become a Workspace Manager, submit an ERA Help Ticket, “Request Access to Sponsor Systems.”
- Tip: if possible, include the related UTRMS Funding Proposal in the Help Ticket.
- Access is typically granted within 24 hours; to ensure access by the deadline date, it is recommended to initiate this access as soon as possible.
Submitting Unsupported Grants.gov Proposals
For Grants.gov proposals that are not supported by UTRMS, OSP will continue to require a Funding Proposal (FP) for every proposal submission, whether or not submitted S2S.
The process to initiate a separate Grants.gov proposal application is as follows:
- Create a Funding Proposal (FP). Complete the UTRMS Funding Proposal to notify OSP of your proposal and for assignment to your Proposal Analyst.
- Navigate to the Submission Information Smart Form within the FP to enter the Opportunity details of the federal submission.
- Tip: those federal submissions which are not supported for submission by UTRMS S2S will have a red “No” next to any mandatory and/or optional forms.
- For those application packages which contain any unsupported forms necessary for the submission of a federal submission, navigate back to Submission Information Smart Form, select “No” to Question #3, Will this application be submitted system-to-system?
- Go to https://www.grants.gov/ and click on “Search Grants” to find your funding opportunity.
- Recommendation: log into grants.gov using your credentials prior to searching/initiating an opportunity.
- Open the funding opportunity to confirm details for submission. From there, click the link labeled “Apply.”
- Please note that a grants.gov account will be needed to initiate this. See below for additional information.
- To create your proposal workspace, click “Apply.” For details on how to get started in a Grants.gov Workspace application, please see Grants.gov Quick Start.
- Complete the Grants.gov application package and when final, click “Complete and Notify AOR” to release the application package forward to your Proposal Analyst within the workspace for submission.
Do not send your application by email to OSP.