- Read the consent form and ask the PI any questions you may have. You should understand what procedures will occur before you agree to participate.
- Contact the Principal Investigator (PI) if you desire to terminate involvement in a study.
- Know the start and end dates of your participation.
- Contact the PI, the Office of Research Support and Compliance or the Chair of the IRB with complaints or concerns about study participation.
- Report any and all unanticipated problems to the PI immediately.
- Comply with responsibilities of participation as enumerated on the consent forms unless discontinuing participation in the study.
- Confirm receipt of extra-credit points or monetary compensation.
- Maintain copy of consent form for your records.
- The integrity of research depends upon honest and ethical subject participation.
- Request study results if so desired.
- Carefully weigh the potential benefits of participation (if any) against actual risk of participating.
See more below...