The University of Texas at Austin (University) requires faculty, staff, and students who are or will be involved in the conduct of human subjects research to complete human subjects research training, financial conflicts of interest training, and to submit a financial interest disclosure form. IRB approval will not be provided if these requirements are not met.
These requirements apply to all persons with a significant role in the research (e.g., Principal Investigators, Co-Investigators, Project Managers, or Research Assistants) and who are designated to:
- Recruit potential research participants,
- Obtain informed consent from prospective research participants,
- Interact or intervene with participants to collect research data, or
- Analyze identifiable research data
Human Subjects Research Training
Human subjects research training is required every three (3) years and must be completed through The Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative (CITI) Program.
To complete the required training, select which of the following applies to you and follow the provided instructions at the webpage to which you are guided:
- I have never taken the CITI Course.
- I completed the CITI course before, but my record expired and I need to take the refresher course.
- I completed a CITI course at another institution and want to apply the modules towards UT requirements.
Questions? Visit the Human Subjects Research Training FAQ.