Pivot – Funding Opportunity Database
Locating and securing research funding is becoming increasingly competitive, as funding opportunities are limited and the number of researchers vying for those dollars continues to grow. Pivot™ answers the growing demands on research developers to quickly discover the right funding opportunities. Pivot is available to all UT faculty, staff researchers, research administrators and students.
- Pivot Start Guide
- Pivot login:
There are two ways to access Pivot:
- Help through Pivot: If you need additional assistance logging in to Pivot, or have questions about the product, click on the Support/Help link at the bottom left-hand corner of each Pivot page. Here you’ll be able to submit a case, chat or call technical support.
- Help through the Office of the Vice President for Research: send an email message to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Navigation help videos
- Getting Started with Pivot – Slides and Recording – 2/2/2022
- Pivot Profiles: Creating and Updating Your Profile (Note: If you do not claim your profile, you cannot update it.) Pivot provides the capability for you to update all fields or areas of your profile. Updating your profile can increase the quality of the funding matches recommended for you from the Pivot Advisor.
- Designating a Proxy to Manage your Profile: Busy researchers and faculty can designate other users to manage their Pivot profile on their behalf.
- Marking an Opportunity as “Active”: Active opps are opportunities that you are tracking on your homepage, and have deemed important or critical. Active opps are most likely opps for which you plan to apply or for which you’ve already applied and would like to keep a close eye on. When you mark an opp as Active, it will be listed in the Active section on your homepage, which is shown to you immediately upon logging into your homepage.
- Tracking an Opportunity: Tracked opps are opportunities that you you want to monitor on your Pivot homepage, and are less critical than the Active opps. Tracked opps are opps that you would like to follow, and for which you can receive a Funding Alert.
- Saving a Search: Saving a search query saves you time as Pivot automatically provides weekly funding alerts that identify any newly added or updated opps that match your query. There is no need to continually enter and run the same search over and over. You can also share your search query with collaborators (the search results will only be accessible if your collaborators have a Pivot account).
- Calendar View and Sync with Local Calendars: View any results as a calendar by deadlines, and import Pivot calendar into your own calendar application (Outlook, Google, iCal).
- Email Notifications: Saved searches will be run against the funding database weekly to look for new or updated funding opportunities that match your saved search criteria. When you save your search you can choose whether or not to receive a weekly email with new or updated results about your saved search. You can manage your email notifications from your home page. If you see an envelope in the email notification column you will receive a funding alert email on Sunday.
To provide user feedback and/or request UT support, send email to: email@example.com