The Animal Resources Center (ARC) oversees the care and use of vertebrate animals utilized as part of the research and teaching activities of the University and serves as a source of expertise and support for investigators and the administration on all issues related to laboratory animals. We accomplish this by:
- Providing quality care for research animals
- Ensuring that the vivarium facilities and the campus animal care program continue to meet the standards for continued AAALAC accreditation
- Overseeing the orientation and training of individuals involved in animal research
- Providing technical services and specialized training in support of ongoing research projects
- Recruiting and retaining a top-notch staff
- Working closely with other groups in the University to assure compliance with all relevant laws, regulations, and policies regarding animal care and use
There are no upcoming events at this time.