The STEM Stockroom is a self-service facility that provides stock items for sale in the general categories of chemicals, lab supplies, hardware, and office supplies. Feel free to check our inventory lists below or just stop by and browse. If we don’t have what you need on hand, you can request a special order.
Monday through Friday
8 am to 5 pm
The storeroom may be closed during these times due to the staff's other duties. Call and leave a message or email us and we will contact you upon our return to the storeroom.
NHB 1.502 (corner of 24th and Speedway)
- General Inventory
- Chemical Inventory
- NEB Inventory
- Sigma Inventory
- Qiagen Inventory
- LifeTech Inventory
- ThermoFisher Genejet
- Obsolete Inventory
- Zymo Inventory
Obsolete inventory list are items that we will no longer carry once we sell out of inventory.
Prices are subject to change without notice.
Suggestions on new items we should carry? Send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Upon entry into the storeroom you acquire a clipboard that will be placed visibly on a table, and fill it out as instructed.
Freely move around the storeroom and retrieve any item you wish to buy. If you require assistance, ask the storeroom assistants for help.
When you are finished purchasing be sure to have the necessary information filled out on the form. Please include your grant account number since we do not keep those on file. Hand the form to one of the storeroom assistants and have them check you out.
If you would like to purchase something from the storeroom that we do not carry, fill out the special order form and have it checked out by one of the storeroom assistant to make sure all information is included.
We do not take Special Orders over the phone and once purchased there are no refunds or returns on the special order items.
To place a special order, please download and print (in portrait) the Special Order form and follow the forms details below:
- Date: This is the date when you visit storeroom to buy items.
- Your Name: This is where your name goes.
- EID: This is where your UT EID goes for identification purposes.
- Department: Every professor is associated with at least one department. This is where the name of the department goes. DO NOT use research groups here!
- Grant Acct #: This is the grant # you will charge the items to. ONLY if these items are for a Biology class, then you DO NOT need a grant number.
- Professor: Name of the professor whose grant account number is used in the form.
- Class #: ONLY fill this out if these items are you are buying are for a class. Biology classes ONLY do not need a grant number.
- PH#/Email: Leave phone# or email where you can be reached when items arrive.
- Stock Number: Enter the catalog/order number for the item being ordered.
- Item Description: Description of the item being ordered.
- Quantity: How many are you taking? Most items are sold individually. For example, one 500ml bottle of DMEM is quantity 1 not 500ml.
All special orders will include a 19% surcharge over cost. Thank you.
See Resource List for all vendors with whom we can place special orders.
Attention! We do not take Special Orders over the phone and once purchased there are no refunds or returns on the special order items.
Please contact Gilbert Pinto with comments or questions.
The Stockroom Special Order Form is available.