Core Services and Collaborative Projects
- Protein/peptide molecular weight determination
- Protein identification by LC-MS/MS and database search for individual gel bands and complex mixtures including cell lysates
- Quantitative proteomics with spectral counting, peak area, or stable isotope labeling by TMT or iTRAQ
- Protein modification analysis for phosphorylation, methylation, acetylation, ubiquitinylation, glycosylation, inhibitor binding, and chemical adduct site determination
- Targeted proteomics for quantitation of selected proteins
- Top-down and UVPD analysis of intact proteins for cleavage characterization, ligand binding, and modification analysis through Jennifer Brodbelt‘s participation in UT System Proteomics Core Facility Network
- Metabolomics: untargeted profiling of metabolites
Self-service instrumentation available:
Please acknowledge use of core services and equipment using our RRID number RRID:SCR_021728 and send us citations. These citations will affect funding for the facility. Here is an example: “Protein identification was provided by the UT Austin Center for Biomedical Research Support Biological Mass Spectrometry Facility (RRID:SCR_021728).”
If you are interested in collaborating on a protein modification or quantitation project, contact Maria Person.
For top-down and UVPD, contact Jennifer Brodbelt.