UT Pop-Up Institutes
Pop-Up Institutes are a Vice President for Research initiative that supports interdisciplinary teams of UT Austin researchers. Each team spends the academic year preparing for a burst of activity focused on a specific area of research. Their Institute then ‘pops up’ for one summer month, providing dedicated resources, time and space for researchers across campus to combine their unique perspectives and distinct skill sets in pursuit of a common goal.
- 2019 Pop-Up Institutes Call for Proposals
The Office of the Vice President for Research seeks proposals for “Pop-Up Institutes” to operate on the UT Austin campus during the early summer of 2019.
Proposals are due no later than 5 PM CDT on Monday, March 19, 2018. Proposals must be uploaded electronically by the Institute Leader or a proxy to UT's online submission portal.
- 2018 UT Pop-Up Institutes
- Health and Humanities: Narrative Medicine, Equity and Diversity, and Community Practice
- Towards Solving the Problem of Substance Misuse and Addiction among Youth and Emerging Adults
- Understanding Planetary Habitability: Where Does Life Exist Beyond Earth and How Can We Find It?
- In the News
Does life exist on other planets? Leading researchers across multiple disciplines at UT-Austin are coming together in an effort to settle this question once and for all. Read More
Next summer, a short-term UT research institute will teach scientists about the new field of precision medicine. Read More
At first glance, it would seem that computer scientists and humanities researchers live in different worlds. Today, however, computers can help ... Read More
- General Information