From geography students examining conditions in the Amazon River regions of South America to faculty collaborations on international research projects to faculty digging into Parisian libraries, international research efforts are a vibrant part of The University of Texas at Austin.
More than 1,000 scholars come from other countries to the university to conduct research each year, and more than 5,700 international students representing more than 100 countries are enrolled here.
Virtually every college, school and department at the university has international programs and projects either well-established or under way.
- UTAMI – University of Texas at Austin – Mexico Institute
The University of Texas at Austin – Mexico Institute is a non-profit association created to facilitate interaction between UT Austin and the research infrastructure in Mexico, to support faculty, and student research exchanges.
Please visit the UTAMI webpage for more information.
- ConTex Fellowships
The ConTex office was established by the University of Texas System to support a program of cooperation with Mexico's National Council of Science and Technology (CONACYT). This new program expands current collaboration with CONACYT and many other first-rate academic institutions in Mexico.
- EUREKA!: Research Opportunities Abroad
- Office of Research Support and Compliance: International Research
- Office of Sponsored Projects: Export Controls: Regulations and Resources
- International Research Grants and Scholarships
- David and Lucile Packard Foundation
- Fulbright Scholars
- Graduate Student Awards for the Lindau Meeting of Nobel Laureates and Students
- Humboldt Foundation
- LBJ School Policy Research Institute International Program Research Awards
- Luce Scholars Program in Asia
- Pew Latin American Fellows (postdoctoral training)
- International Research Units Based at The University of Texas at Austin
- Center for African and African American Studies
- Center for Asian American Studies
- Center for Australian and New Zealand Studies
- Center for East Asian Studies
- Center for European Studies
- Center for Global Innovation and Entrepreneurship (located in Monterrey, Mexico)
- Center for Indigenous Languages of Latin America
- Center for International Business Education and Research
- Center for International Energy and Environmental Policy
- Center for Mexican American Studies
- Center for Middle Eastern Studies
- Center for Russian, East European and Eurasian Studies
- IC2 Institute
- Institute of Classical Archaeology
- Institute for Transnational Law
- Linguistics Research Center
- Mesoamerican Center
- Program in Aegean Scripts and Prehistory
- Teresa Lozano Long Institute of Latin American Studies