12th Annual UT Summer Statistics Institute
The Department of Statistics and Data Sciences at The University of Texas at Austin is excited to announce that the 12th Annual UT Summer Statistics Institute will be held on the UT Austin campus May 28 – May 31, 2019.
The UT Summer Statistics Institute (SSI) is open to 700 participants. The 28 courses are offered at all levels and span introductory statistics, statistical software and database, statistical methods, and design and application. Taught by UT faculty and industry professionals, the intensive workshops meet for four half-days, either mornings or afternoons, for a total of twelve hours of instruction.
Whether you are new to data analysis or a seasoned statistician, SSI provides a unique hands-on opportunity to acquire valuable skills directly from experts in the field.
UT Austin students, faculty and staff receive a discount off of the regular $600 course fee.
Download the SSI 2019 UT Summer Statistics Institute brochure and learn more.
Visit the SSI 2019 event website to register.
New at SSI for 2019:
- Introduction to Statistical Learning and Inference with Application in R
- Intermediate Excel for Personal and Professional Use
- Scalable Machine Learning: Methods and Tools
- Statistical Methods for Categorical Data – Logistic Regression and Beyond
Choose from a variety of courses in Software and Database, Statistical Methods or Design and Application, including:
Software and Database:
- Introduction to Data Analysis and Graphics Using R
- Introduction to Data Science in Python
- Data Analysis Using SPSS
- Introduction to Statistics
- Introduction to Regression
- Structural Equation Modeling
- Time Series Analytics
Design and Application:
- Applied Hierarchical Linear Modeling
- Common Mistakes in Using Statistics: Spotting Them and Avoiding Them
- Questionnaire Design and Survey Analysis
Michael J. Mahometa, Ph.D.
Director of Statistical Consulting and Professional Education
Department of Statistics and Data Sciences
May 28, 2019 - May 31, 2019