LSMPQS: a software package for simulating fluid displacement in porous media
Computing & Wireless : Utility Software
Available for licensing
- Masa Prodanovic, Ph.D. , Petroleum and Geosystems Engineering
LSMPQS is a software package for simulating capillarity-controlled, immiscible fluid displacement (drainage and imbibition) in porous media. The software implements a novel level-set method-based progressive quasi-static algorithm.
- The porous medium can be of arbitrary complexity, described analytically (e.g., sphere packs) or from segmented images of real rocks.
- No pre-set parameters other than detailed description of the porous medium are needed.
- The fluid configurations obtained from LSMPQS simulation are detailed and quantifying saturation, volumes, interfacial areas, etc., is straightforward. Having suitable geometry, you can obtain capillary-pressure curves or study pore-scale phenomena in a small ensemble of pores.
- LSMPQS is developed on Linux, and should compile on any Unix-like system (on Windows try Cygwin). C/C++ and FORTRAN compilers are required.
Subsurface flow applications (environmental and petroleum engineering, hydrology, soil science)