UT Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP) Applications
Computing & Wireless : Application Software
Available for licensing
- Michelle Harper , Psychology
The Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) recently created the Aviation Safety Action Program (ASAP). ASAP is a voluntary incident-reporting program that encourages pilots to submit reports for mistakes they have made.
The UT ASAP applications were specifically designed to support commercial airlines in the collection and management of incident reports. The applications also provide commercial airlines with an easy way to participate in national data-sharing programs by using a common format and taxonomy for ASAP reports.
- UT ASAP applications can be installed directly on the airlines’ internal servers.
- UT ASAP applications can be managed solely by the airline, whereas FAA-developed applications can only be managed and housed by the FAA.
- Developed using a “human factors model ” of aviation terminology
- Prompts pilots to provide information regarding factors that contributed to the event they are reporting
Commercial pilots and commercial airline safety departments
Beta product/commercial prototype