5demayo: A solution for representing a wide range of thermodynamic and rate data for concentrated solutions of piperazine loaded with CO2
Computing & Wireless : Utility Software
Available for non-exclusive licensing
- Gary Rochelle, Ph.D. , Chemical Engineering
- Jorge Plaza, Ph.D. , Chemical Engineering
- Peter Frailie II, Ph.D. , Chemical Engineering
- David Van Wagener, Ph.D. , Chemical Engineering
- Stephanie Freeman, Ph.D. , Chemical Engineering
- Qing Xu, Ph.D. , Chemical Engineering
- Bich-Thu Nguyen, Ph.D. , Chemical Engineering
This software solves the difficult problem of representing a wide range of thermodynamic and rate data for concentrated solutions of piperazine loaded with CO2. It represents protonated piperazine carbamate as a Henry’s constant. The software also represents the performance of reactive absorbers and strippers.
5demayo is a data insert/input file for AspenPlus that provides process modeling for the design and simulation of a process for CO2 capture from gases by aqueous piperazine. It will be used by designers of this process and by others who may wish to evaluate the process.
Accurate, robust model for estimating the performance of C02 capture by aqueous piperazine from coal or gas-fired flue gas or from other gases.
- All of the thermodynamic data for aqueous piperazine/CO2 have been regressed to provide parameters for the electrolyte/NRTL model.
- An absorber model has been developed which includes the thermodynamic model and represents mass transfer with diffusion and reaction in the boundary layer.
- A model of the stripper that uses equilibrium reactions with rate-based mass transfer.
Beta product/commercial prototype