CMC Bio Cellulose Composite Gel Grown Under Agitated Conditions for Use in Cosmetics and Fillers
Physical Sciences : Materials and Compounds
Available for licensing
- R. Malcolm Brown, Jr., Ph.D. , School of Biological Sciences
- Sarah Pfeffer , Molecular Biosciences
- Chelsea Casper
Disposable masks are used for skin repair, restoration, and general skin condition improvement. CMC bio cellulose gel masks are an improvement on standard cosmetic industry masks due to their ability to be worn overnight or all day while they continue to interact with the skin.
The invention is a Carboxymethyl Cellulose (CMC) gel for use in cosmetic including, but not limited to: serums, foundation primers, lip treatments over night masks, and post-cosmetic procedure care. The chemical backbone of cellulose interacts with the extracellular matrix of human skin and works to heal and repair. The CMC cellulose gel will be used in cosmetics as an overnight gel mask and day serum to help repair damaged skin, as well as to protect the skin throughout the day.
- Easy to apply
- Cost effective
- Visibly enhanced smooth skin texture
- Cellulose in alternative gel form
- Reparation and restoration effect
- Strain NQ4 grown in specific agitated conditions in nutrient media with CMC
Dermatologists; plastic surgeons; aestheticians; beauty-conscious consumers