10-10 Project Benchmarking System
Computing & Wireless : Application Software
Available for licensing
- Wayne Crew , Department of Civil, Architectural and Environmental Engineering
- Hong Zhao, M.S. , University of Texas at Austin
- Daniel Oliveira, Ph.D. , University of Texas at Austin
- Sungmin Yun, Ph.D. , University of Texas at Austin
- Michael Goggin , University of Texas at Austin
In the engineering and construction industry, it is necessary to collect feedback from members of a project management team in order to improve project performance. The scale of this effort requires software to accomplish it, especially considering over 100 large companies are involved in this research effort. Researchers at The University of Texas at Austin have developed The 10-10 Project Benchmarking System that collects the answers to statement-based questions about the execution of specific capital project phases from all individuals of a company’s project management team. In addition, the system features several time-saving steps for people administering these surveys at individual companies.
The 10-10 Project Benchmarking System is the technological application for a new method of assessing capital projects in the engineering and construction industry. The system is a hosted web application that contains a user interface, a series of questionnaires, an administrative functions screen, and a report. The purpose is to assess the organizational maturity and application of known management practices to aid project performance from a cost, schedule, productivity, and safety standpoint.
This system is unique in that it may be the first project benchmarking platform which is capable of canvassing the input of all the members of a project management team and incorporating these inputs into a scored output for each individual project. Intended users include members of a project management team for a facility owner, general contractor, subcontractor, or vendor/supplier in the industrial, commercial, and heavy civil construction sectors.
- Assesses organizational maturity
- Benchmarks similar projects against each other
- Improves project performance
- Collects input from all the members of a project management team
- Novel questionnaires and scoring algorithms
Engineering industry, Industrial sector, commercial sector, heavy civil construction sectors, project management teams
Beta product/commercial prototype