Prestressed Masonry Wall Assembly
Physical Sciences : Civil Engineering
Available for licensing
- Francisco Gomes , School of Architecture
- Dabney Gomes , Gomes Staub Architects
Existing masonry wall assemblies require surface-mounted building services or simultaneous execution of the masonry work alongside various building trades such as electricians or damp-proofing installers (who otherwise would start their on-site work later in the building construction sequence).
The invention is a single face shell masonry wall unit for assembly using groutless post-tensioned vertical reinforcement.
- Installation of various building trades independent of masonry installation
- Flexibility in work scheduling
- Improved construction efficiency
- Single-face shell
- Prestressed vertical reinforcement
- Stiffening ribs perpendicular to the shell
Building construction materials, especially those for single-width walls