Stache: a highly secure sensitive escrow service
Computing & Wireless : Application Software
Available for non-exclusive licensing
- Cameron Beasley , Information Security Office
- Sean Reid , Information Security Office
- Alek Amrani , University of Texas at Austin
- Jason Phelps , Information Security Office
There are currently no highly secure escrow services for enterprises that allow sharing and collaboration within groups while also supporting recovery features in the event a user has forgotten a credential or license key, or otherwise becomes unavailable.
Stache provides an enterprise or highly distributed environment with a secure web-based solution to store sensitive credentials or strings (passwords, license keys, procedures, etc.) using FIPS 140-2 compliant hardware security modules (HSMs). Additionally, users are able to securely share and update this information as needed (e.g., as a member of a system’s management team). Lastly, the service provides an escrow capability ensuring that the enterprise will be able to recover a sensitive entry in the event the owner of the team is not available.
- Improves security
- Improves productivity
- Improves collaboration
- Improves recoverability
- Securely share sensitive credentials or strings (passwords, license keys, procedures, etc.) with colleagues across an enterprise
- Reliably escrow and recover sensitive entries in the event the owner is unavailable, the enterprise is responding to a lawful request, etc.
- Allows enterprises to rely on a trusted platform rather than asking users to leverage a variety of products intended for personal use
Large IT companies or global companies with distributed IT teams; Higher education campuses; Application development companies