Programs and Events
With the big-picture vision of innovation and collaboration, successful commercialization requires close collaboration among all stakeholders. In a focused effort to provide forums for UT Austin researchers to hear and interact with campus experts and professional resources regarding the discovery and commercialization process, OTC hosts and participates in strategic outreach, education, and networking events. These programs examine how to navigate challenges as discoveries emerge from academic research and move through the path of lab to market. Guiding researchers through every phase of commercialization, from initial consultations and intellectual property protection to licensing deployment; the programs are designed for UT Austin faculty, graduate students, and research staff who are interested in turning their ideas into reality.
UT Austin researchers are at the core of the university’s research and scientific advances that exemplify “What Starts Here Changes the World.”
Please check back for updates.
Inventor of the Year Reception & Ceremony
Each year, the Inventor Award Reception & Ceremony recognizes UT Austin researchers who excel in their field and are making life-changing discoveries in the university’s labs and research centers.
- 2018 Reception & Ceremony, November 8, 2018
- 2017 Reception & Ceremony, November 2, 2017
- 2016 Reception & Ceremony, November 9, 2016
- 2015 Reception & Ceremony, November 18, 2015
- 2014 Reception & Ceremony, November 12, 2014
- 2013 Reception & Ceremony, November 19, 2013
- 2012 Reception & Ceremony, December 6, 2012
- 2011 Reception & Ceremony, December 6, 2011