PI Credit Request
Credit requests will be considered on a case by case basis, with the following GENERAL Guidelines:
- Requests for credit against industry sponsor funds yet to be received will be considered where the sponsor has an acceptable credit rating and/or a proven history of payment performance with UT Austin, e.g.
- an ExxonMobil for example, and/or
- the funds in question are an extension of a project where the sponsor consistently met its prior payment obligations.
- Credit requests based on funds from
- start-up companies,
- smaller companies with whom UT Austin does not have a prior payment history, and
- foreign companies
will generally NOT be considered unless the PI and the company can show sufficient reason the request should be considered.
In either case, 1 or 2,
- there must be a fully executed SRA in place documenting the sponsor’s payment obligation,
- said request and any supporting rationale must be submitted in a timely manner to allow sufficient time to evaluate the request in advance of any deadline for expenditure of the funds, AND
- the Credit Request must submitted in a form in accordance with this Credit Request Memorandum (Word) .
The “case by case” comes into play when the inevitable questions start around definitions of the elements of these guidelines, to wit: “start-up”, “smaller companies”, “sufficient reason”, “timely manner” etc.