Visiting scholars and researchers

Occasionally, individuals from other universities, institutions, and businesses may wish to visit the University for extended periods of time for various reasons such as conducting or observing research or collaborating with University faculty or researchers. University departments, faculty members, and/or research staff members (University sponsor) may recommend individuals established in their field and funded by external sources for visiting scholar/researcher designation.

For approval of a visiting scholar/researcher designation, the University sponsor should complete a visiting scholar/researcher position request in the Human Resource Management System (HRMS) and submit required background documents.

Complete information about the process can be found at the Office of the Vice President for Research (VPR)  website.

Pertinent Office(s):

See more below...