ORAU Events Sponsorship Program
Visit the ORAU Events Sponsorship Program website.
VPR Internal Deadline
8/15 and 2/15 annually
Funding Agency Deadline
9/1 and 3/1 annually
Funding or Award Criteria
Criteria for decisions to award Event Sponsorship grants include:
Potential engagement of others, especially students
• Probability of a long-term collaboration
• New or enhanced collaboration (proposed partners have no strong current ties)
• Well-defined outcome(s), such as a proposal to an identified opportunity, a white paper in anticipation of future funding, or a publication as a result of data collected during the event.
• A representative from ORAU must be invited to the event and will attend, if possible.
• ORAU does not allow overhead charges or indirect costs on the award from ORAU.
• The event must be held by September 30 (the end of ORAU’s fiscal year.)
Up to $4,000 can be requested to support events which involve participants from more than one ORAU institution (Directory of ORAU Consortium Member Universities).
Number of Nominees Allowed
Each College/School, and VPR ORU may submit 1 recommendation per event deadline using a request form (Word), following the schedule below:
If the event will take place between Oct. 1 and May 31 of the following year, applications are due by Sept. 1 (VPR deadline is 8/15).
• If the event will take place between April 1 and Sept. 30, applications are due by March 1 (VPR deadline is 2/15).
VPR Required Documents
A completed request form (Word).
A report must be submitted within 30 days following the event documenting participation and outcomes via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominee(s) Selected to Advance