Beckman-Argyros Award in Vision Research
Visit the Beckman-Argyros Award in Vision Research website.
VPR Internal Deadline
Funding Agency Deadline
Funding or Award Criteria
The Beckman-Argyros Award in Vision Research is intended to reward individuals who are making significant transformative breakthroughs in vision research. The recipient will receive a total of $500,000 along with a commemorative medallion.
- The nominee must be
- a tenured M.D., Ph.D. or M.D./Ph.D. with an appointment in a basic science department in a U.S. Institution;
- a U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States;
- recognized as a leader in their field of scientific expertise as well as actively engaged in vision research.
- actively engaged in vision research or research which may be applied to the vision sciences.
- The nominee’s research must
- show demonstrated success in the number of people who have actually or will potentially benefit by the research.
- be novel, original and the underlying fundamental character of the technical idea or concept must be identified.
- show how the research has removed fundamental barriers or constraints to incremental improvements and refinement or that it embodies wholly new scientific principles.
- show potential result in transformative breakthroughs in vision research.
- A commitment of 50% of the nominee’s time to further this research is required following the receipt of funding, to be used over a two-year period.
Number of Nominees Allowed
Not limited submission
VPR Required Documents
For more information, contact Liza Scarborough at 512-471-2877 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nominee(s) Selected to Advance