Research Grant Recipients
- 2014-15 Research Grant Recipients
- Robert Brothers, Department of Kinesiology and Health Education, "Microvascular Dysfunction in Young African Americans"
- Esther Calzada, School of Social Work, "Test of Multi-Generational Model of Mexican American Parenting & Early Childhood Development"
- North Cooc, Department of Special Education, "Changes in the Early Academic Trajectories of Students in Special Education"
- Hugh Daigle, Department of Petroleum and Geosystems Engineering, "Improving formation evaluation of mudrocks with NMR and X-ray mapping"
- Jaimie Davis, Department of Nutritional Sciences, "Type 1 Diabetes Pilot Study: Understanding Barriers to Blood Glucose Control"
- Chadi El Mohtar, Department of Civil, Architectural, and Environmental Engineering, "Feasibility Study on Implementing Measured Earthquake Ground Motions in Laboratory Testing for Post-Liquefaction Damage Evaluation"
- Kentya Ford, College of Pharmacy, "Science and Religion: What we can do together to reduce the burden of chronic disease risk factors in our society?"
- Andreana Haley, Department of Psychology, "Exploring the neural mechanisms of cognitive enhancement related to acute bouts of exercise"
- Amber Hardison, Department of Marine Science, "Nitrogen Cycling in Arctic Coastal Sediments"
- Christine Hawkes, Department of Integrative Biology, "Exploring the benefits of symbiotic fungal endophytes for plant drought tolerance"
- David Heymann, School of Architecture, "Digital Photographic Representation of the Arctic Landscape of Svalbard, Norway"
- Junfeng Jiao, School of Architecture, "Using Geographic Information Systems (GIS) to Identify Food Deserts in Large Texas Cities, a Case Study of Austin, TX"
- Chang Liu, Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders, "Speech enhancement: better speech perception in noise"
- Xiaobo Lu, Department of Government, "Fiscal Capacity and Political Development: China and Beyond"
- Angela Nonaka, School of Social Work, "Investigating Politeness in Asian Sign Languages: A Collaborative Pilot Study with the Japanese National Museum of Ethnology"
- Erin Rodriguez, Department of Educational Psychology, "Coping and Marital Adjustment in Pediatric Cancer"
- Nancy Schiesari, Department of Radio-TV-Film, "Canine Soldiers"
- Sandro Sessarego, Department of Spanish and Portuguese, "Chocó Spanish: Casting Light on its Grammar and History"
- Rebecca Torres, Department of Geography and the Environment, "Immigration Policy, National Security & Children’s Rights: Impacts of Repatriation of Unaccompanied Migrant Children from Mexico and Central America"
- Rachel Wellhausen, Department of Government, "Sovereign Development: Native American Tribes and Economic Globalization"
- Casey Wright, College of Pharmacy, "Physiological Significance of the novel inhibitor of apoptosis (IAP) binding motif (IBM) within the NF-κB-inducing Kinase (NIK)"
- Guihua Yu, Department of Mechanical Engineering, "Rational Synthesis and Characterization of Facet-Controlled Two-Dimensional Crystals with Non-Layered Structures"
- 2013-14 Research Grant Recipients
- David Ellis Adelman, School of Law, "Empirical Study of Litigation Under the National Environmental Policy Act"
- Jeffrey Evan Barrick, Department of Molecular Biosciences, "Probing the molecular specificity of natural competence in Acinetobacter baylyi ADP1"
- Bharath Chandrasekaran, Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders, "Individual differences in audiovisual speech processing"
- Laura Lee Colgin, Department of Neuroscience, "Distinct mnemonic functions of fast and slow gamma rhythms in the hippocampus"
- Darrell Glenn Creel, Department of Anthropology, "Neutron Activation Analysis of Whole Mimbres Pottery Vessels"
- Donglei (Emma) Fan, Department of Mechanical Engineering, "Surface Enhanced Raman Scattering (SERS) Nanomotors for Biosubstance Delivery and Detection with Subcellular Resolution"
- Johann “Hans” A. Hofmann, Department of Integrative Biology, "Neural and Genomic Basis of Social Cognition"
- Keji Lai, Department of Physics, "Probing Vortices in Ferroelectrics: A Table-top Playground for Topological Sciences"
- Hongjoo Joanne Lee, Department of Psychology, "Novel treatment for attentional deficits in Parkinson’s disease"
- Nanshu Lu, Department of Aerospace Engineering and Engineering Mechanics, "Flexoelectricity of Nanomaterials on Deformable Substrates"
- Leslie Ann Mutchler, Department of Art and Art History, "Printshop/ Backdrop"
- Paola Passalacqua, Department of Civil, Architectural, and Environmental Engineering, "A field investigation on the transport of environmental fluxes through deltas"
- Nicholas Athanassiou Peppas, Department of Chemical Engineering, "Overcoming Multidrug Resistance in Cancer With Multifunctional Nanoparticles"
- Michael John Rose, Department of Chemistry, "Atomic Layer Deposition of Catalytic Materials on a Hybrid Molecular/ Materials Substrate: a Solar Fuels Device"
- Navid B. Saleh, Department of Civil, Architectural, and Environmental Engineering, "Effects of Doping on Fate and Transport of Hybrid Indium Tin Oxide Nanoparticles in Aquatic Environment"
- Christen Anne Smith, Department of Anthropology, "Remembering Beatriz Nascimento: Rethinking the Concept of Quilombo, Blackness, Gender and Belonging in Brazil and the Americas"
- Jessica Rose Toste, Department of Special Education, "Multisyllabic Word Reading Intervention in the Upper-Elementary Grades: Can Attribution Retraining Improve Performance of Struggling Readers?"
- Robert Fredrick Young, School of Architecture, "From Growth Machine to Living City"
- Harold Hirsch Zakon, Department of Neuroscience, "A putative novel ion channel in Plasmodium, the malaria parasite"
- 2012-13 Research Grant Recipients
- Aprile Dawn Benner, Department of Human Development and Family Sciences, "Discrimination, Peer Relations, and Adolescents’ Develpment"
- Linda deGraffenried, Department of Nutritional Sciences, "Obesity and Reprogramming of Prostate Cancer"
- Jonathan Bates Dingwell, Department of Kinesiology and Health Education, "Determining How Healthy Humans Control Step-To-Step Variability During Walking and Running"
- Guangbin Dong, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, "Natural Product-Based Small-Molecule Libraries for Drug Discovery"
- Susan B. Empson, Department of Curriculum and Instruction, "Learning to Make Instructional Decisions Based On Children’s Thinking about Fractions: Design and Pilot of a Tablet-Based Interactive Decision Making Tool"
- Walter Fast, College of Pharmacy, "Developing Antibiotics That Target Iron Acquisition"
- Kentya C. Ford, College of Pharmacy, "Exploring the Impact of Social Media Advertising and Beliefs on Little Cigar Tobacco Use among African Americans, ages 18-25: A pilot study"
- Luis Francisco-Revilla, School of Information, "Improving the Workflow of Cultural Heritage Institutions: Digital Arrangement at the File-Level"
- Mourad Krifa, School of Human Ecology, "Electrically Conductive Polymer Nanocomposite Threads for Wearable Electronics"
- Sofian Merabet, Department of Anthropology, "Carlton Hotel Beirut Archives Project"
- Richard John Meyer, Molecular Genetics and Microbiology Section, "Low specificity relaxases as agents of genomic change"
- Edward Mills, College of Pharmacy, "Prevention of Skin Cancer through Uncoupling-Induced Metabolic Shift"
- Robert G. Moser, Department of Government, "The Political Geography of Russian Elections: Ethnicity, Economics, and the Contours of Electoral Manipulation and Competition"
- Pablo Munguia, Department of Marine Science, "Preliminary assessment of fiddler crab-bacterial interactions in estuarine ecosystems"
- Alison R. Preston, Department of Psychology, "Neurobiological development of memory and reasoning"
- David Mark Schnyer, Department of Psychology, "The contribution of sleep-wake cycles to behavioral and neural changes associated with memory performance in elderly adults"
- Luis Sentis, Department of Mechanical Engineering, "Testbed Development for Dynamic Bipedal Robot"
- Ciaran Trace, School of Information, "Improving the Workflow of Cultural Heritage Institutions: Digital Arrangement at the File-Level"
- Marianne Wheeldon, Sarah and Ernest Butler School of Music, "Debussy’s Legacy and the Construction of Reputation"
- Christian P. Whitman, College of Pharmacy, "Acetylene Probes of Enzymes in the Bacterial Catabolism of Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons"
- 2011-12 Research Grant Recipients
- Javier Auyero, Department of Sociology, "In Harm’s Way: Violences in Chain at the Urban Margins in Argentina"
- Brenda Lee Berkelaar, Department of Communication Studies, "Evaluating Digital Careers: Developing a Scale to Measure the Perceived Quality of Job Applicants Based on Online Information."
- David Cannatella, Section of Integrative Biology, "Next Generation DNA Technology meets the “Lost World”: Using NextGen sequencing for Evolutionary Studies of Endangered Frogs"
- Darla Castelli, Department of Kinesiology and Health Education, "Kinetic Kidz: Cardiometabolic Risk Factors and Cognitive Performance in Children"
- Wenhong Chen, Department of Radio-Television-Film, "Searching For the Mechanisms: A Pilot Study of Study of Social Media Use and Psychological Wellbeing"
- Catherine Cubbin, School of Social Work, "Vegetables on Wheels (VOW): A pilot program to increase access to fresh fruits and vegetables in a rural Texas community"
- Christine Leilani Duvauchelle, College of Pharmacy, "Neural Substrates of Cocaine Craving"
- Catherine Harrison Echols, Department of Psychology, "non-Linguistic Social Cues in Language Input to Low-SES Children"
- Deana L. Erdner, Department of Marine Science, "Effects of Freshwater Inflows on Plankton"
- Francisco Gonzalez-Lima, Department of Psychology, "Neurogenetic Basis of Bipolar Depression"
- Michael Mackert, Department of Advertising, "Eve Tracking and Health Literacy: Exploring Difference in he Intake of Information"
- W. Todd Maddox, Department of Psychology, "The Effects of Pressure on Dual Processing Models of Decision Making"
- Mona C. Mehdy, Molecular Cell and Developmental Biology, "Studies of a Cell Wall Protein Mutant in Arabidopsis may Identify a Novel Drought Resistance Mechanism and Developmental Pathway"
- Jennifer Miller, Department of Geography and the Environment, "Developing a spatially explicit framework to analyze animal movement and interaction: a case study using brown hyena in Northern Botswana"
- Erika Patall, Department of Educational Psychology, "Choice and Cheating"
- Sharmila Rudrappa, Department of Sociology, "Outsourcing Labor: Explaining India’s Dominance in Transnational Surrogacy"
- Rajka Smiljanic, Department of Linguistics, "Speech Recognition in Noise for Children with Cochlear Implants."
- Benjamin Dwaine Walther, Department of Marine Science, "Validating the use of geochemical signals in fish scales to reconstruct migration patterns"
- Katherine A. Willets, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, "Development of functionalized atomic force microscopy probes for scanning surface enhanced Raman microscopy"
- 2010-11 Research Grant Recipients
- Robert Matthew Brothers, Department of Kinesiology and Health Education, Mechanisms of altered blood pressure control in individuals with type II diabetes
- Christopher John Ellison, Department of Chemical Engineering, Synthesis and Characterization of Melanin Inspired Polymers and Nanocomposities
- Donglei (Emma) Fan, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Arrays of Rotary NEMS Devices Assembled on Nano-Magnets
- Nina Marie Fredland, School of Nursing, Using an Interactive Theater Program to Promote Healthy Relationship Building Among Young Adolescents
- Robert K. Jansen, Integrative Biology Section, Role of Arbuscular Mycorrhizal Fungi on Plant Diversification
- Mathew A. Leibold, Integrative Biology Section, Spanning levels of organization from genes to ecosystems: Gene regulatory networks of ecologically-important traits in the waterflea
- Zhanfei Liu, Department of Marine Science, Microbial Degradation of the Deepwater Horizon Oil in Coastal Waters
- Paul Marshall Macdonald, Molecular Cell and Developmental Biology Section, Regulation of mRNA translation in trans
- Leslie Ann Mutchler, Department of Art and Art History, Modular Growth: Buenos Aires
- John H. Richburg, College of Pharmacy, Deciphering the underlying mechanisms that account for cisplatin-induced male infertility
- Sahotra Sarkar, Integrative Biology Section, Invasive Fish Species Models for Texas
- Timothy Schallert, Department of Psychology, Rat 50-kHz ultrasonic reward-related vocalization in response to first-time amphetamine exposure predicts the development of conditioned anticipatory vocalization with repeated treatment
- Gerald Christopher Shank, Department of Marine Science, Environmental factors controlling dissolution of organic carbon from salt marsh sediments
- Cherie Elizabeth Simpson, School of Nursing, Objective Assessment of Sleep in Informal Caregivers of Persons with Dementia
- Bjorn Sletto, School of Architecture, Social Dimensions of Integrated Watershed Management in the Maracaibo Basin, Venezuela
- Carla Lynn Van Den Berg, College of Pharmacy, JNK2 mediates immune surveillance of micro-metastatic breast cancer
- Yan Zhang, School of Information, Contextualizing consumer health information searching
- Nina I.Zuna, Department of Special Education, Understanding Family Quality of Life and Family Support Issues in Families of Children with Autism and other Developmental Disabilities
- 2009-10 Research Grant Recipients
- Hal Samuel Alper, Chemical Engineering, Novel, Consortia-Based Processes for Biomass Utilization and Biofuels Production
- Michael Leighton Beaman, Architecture, Advanced Digital Mapping of Rwanda Using GIS
- Alan Conrad Bovik, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Stereo CAD for 3D Breast Imaging
- Danelle Irene Briscoe, Architecture, Milling Stone Using BIM Software and Digital Fabrication
- Hsiang Iris Chyi, Journalism, News on New Devices: Examining the Multiplatform News Experience in the Digital Age
- René Marie Dailey, Communication Studies, Family Communication about Weight Management
- Kevin N. Dalby, Medicinal Chemistry, Targeting the Tumor's Stress Rsponse for Cancer Therapy
- Yvon Delville, Psychology, Corticotropin Releasing Hormone and Social Behavior
- Eileen R. Fowles, Nursing, Dietary Quality during the 2nd Trimester in Low-income Pregnant Women: A Feasibility Study
- Venkat Ganesan, Chemical Engineering, Interactions and Phase Behavior in Protein-Polysaccharide Mixtures
- Lisa Griffin, Kinesiology and Health Education, Stimulation Patterns to Improve Endurance during Neuromuscular Electrical Stimulation
- Christine V. Hawkes, Integrative Biology, Resilience in Soil Microbial Communities Along Environmental Gradients in Tropical Rain Forests
- Nancy Lynn Hazen-Swann, Human Development and Family Sciences (Human Ecology), Predictors of Adolescent Self-esteem, Depression, and Delinquency: The Role of Early Parent-child Attachment and Current Peer Relationships
- Su-Hyun Jin, Communication Sciences and Disorders, Relationship between Speech Perception and Production of Native and Non-native Listeners of English
- Barbara Lynne Jones, Social Work, Understanding the Health Promotion Needs of Latino Adolescent Cancer Survivors
- Fernando Luiz Lara, Architecture, Favela Buildings: Understanding the Construction Process of a Significant Hidden Portion of the World's Built Environment
- Ming-Chun Lee, Community and Regional Planning, The Community-technology Convergence Framework for Community Action
- Wei-Na Lee, Advertising, Understanding Consumer Ethnocentrism in Times of Economic Crisis
- Amanda Lea Little, Special Education, Parent Implemented Functional Assessment and Behavior Intervention across Problematic Family Routines
- Beili Liu, Art and Art History, Tro International Solo Exhibitions - Berlin, Germany, and Brusand, Norway, Summer 2010
- Alan M. Lloyd, Molecular Cell and Developmental Biology, A Whole Genome Scan for Targets of An Arabidopsis Developmental Regulator
- Mikhail V. Matz, Integrative Biology, Population Genomics of Coral Adaptation to Climate Change
- Jennifer Anne Maynard, Chemical Engineering, Engineering Cellular Immunity through Manipulation of T Cell Receptor-peptice-MHC Interactions
- Dong-Ha Min, Marine Science, Is Marine Plankton Responsible in Removing Dissolved Carbon Tetrachloride in the Ocean?
- Elizabeth J. Mueller, Community and Regional Planning, Mapping the Relocation of Low-income Households: A Social and Ecological Assessment
- Keryn Elizabeth Pasch, Kinesiology and Health Education, Understanding How Youth Perceive and Process Food and Beverage Advertising
- Kimberly Raab-Graham, Center for Learning and Memory, Posttranscriptional Regulation, A Novel Mechanism for Ion Channel Regulation and Dentritic Excitability
- Richard Jason Reddick, Educational Administration, A Hole in Austin's Soul: African American Faculty Perceptions of the Austin Community
- Rebecca Leigh Rossen, Theatre and Dance, Dancing Jewish: Jewish Identity in American Modern and Postmodern Dance
- Rick Russell, Chemistry and Biochemistry, Chaperone-mediated Folding of a Group I Intron RNA Monitored by Small Angle X-ray Scattering (SAXS)
- Michael Joseph Ryan, Integrative Biology, Rapid Evolutionary Responses to an Emerging Infectious Pathogen
- Igor P. Siddiqui, Interior Design Program, Spatial Tessellations: Interior Design, Digital Fabrication, and Geometric Patterns
- Dionicio Rhodes Siegel, Chemistry and Biochemistry, Synthesis and Biological Optimization of the Natural Product Cyclopamine, A Promising Anticancer Agent
- Steven Alexander Vokes, Molecular Cell and Developmental Biology, Identification of Long-range Limb Enhancers Driving Limb Development
- Bugao Xu, Human Ecology, A Dual-Camera System for Pavement Complementary Imaging
- 2008-09 Research Grant Recipients
- Elliott Antokoletz, Butler School of Music, College of Fine Arts
Polish translation "Twentieth-Century Music"
- Douglas Biow, Department of French & Italian, College of Liberal Arts
Research on Leonardo Fioravanti's Rare Sixteenth-Century Books
- Shawn Bratton, Division of Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Pharmacy
Mechanistic Insights Into Apoptosome-Dependent Activation of Caspase-9
- Margaret Briley, Department of Human Ecology, College of Natural Sciences
Increasing Fruits, Vegetables and Whole Grains in Preschool Sack Lunches
- Bruce Buchanan II, Department of Government, College of Liberal Arts
How Americans Judge Presidents
- Charlotte Canning, Department of Theatre & Dance, College of Fine Arts
On the Performance Front: US Theatre and Internationalism
- Renita Coleman, Department of Journalism, Moody College of Communication
Second-Level Agenda-Setting in the 2008 Presidential Election
- Molly Cummings, Section of Integrative Biology, College of Natural Sciences
Sensory and Signal Divergence in Poison Frogs: Do sensory biases drive color pattern evolution?
- Janet Davis, Department of American Studies, College of Liberal Arts
The Gospel of Kindness: Animal Welfare and the Making of Modern America, 1866-1940
- Eric Drott, Butler School of Music, College of Fine Arts
Music and Politics in France, 1968-1982
- Matthew Eastin, Department of Advertising, Moody College of Communication
In-game Advertising: Frequency, Position, and Competition
- Johann Eberhart, Section of Molecular Cell and Developmental Biology, College of Natural Sciences
Characterization of Genetic Modifiers Regulating Craniofacial Disease Severity
- Rueben Gonzales, Division of Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Pharmacy
Endocannabinoid Involvement in Ethanol Self-Administration
- Frank Guridy, Department of History, College of Liberal Arts
From Students to Subjects: Afro-Puerto Ricans at Tuskegee I the Age of Empire
- Johann Hofmann, Section of Integrative Biology, College of Natural Sciences
Genomics of Female Mate Choice: The Molecular Basis of Social Decision Making and Its Evolution
- Bradley Holliday, Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry, College of Natural Sciences
Design and Synthesis of New Materials for Solid-State Lighting Applications
- Makkuni Jayaram, Section of Molecular Genetics & Microbiology, College of Natural Sciences
Analysis of DNA Rearrangements by Difference Topology
- Christopher Jolly, Department of Human Ecology, College of Natural Sciences
Role of Lipid Metabolism in Immunity to Cancer
- Chang Liu, Department of Communication Sciences & Disorders, Moody College of Communication
Speech Intelligibility of Non-Native and Native Speakers in Quiet and Noisy Listening Conditions
- Tracie Matysik, Department of History, College of Liberal Arts
Women on Nietzsche, Gender, and Sexuality: European Women's Intellectual and Activist Writings
- Cindy Menches, Department of Civil, Architectural, and Environmental Engineering, Cockrell School of Engineering
Facilitating the Transfer of Knowledge About Building Damage by Understanding the Cognitive Aspects of Severity Judgments
- Julia Mickenberg, Department of American Studies, College of Liberal Arts
The New Woman Tries on Red: Russia in the American Feminist Imagination, 1917-1945
- Mary Neuburger, Department of History, College of Liberal Arts
Inhaling Modernity: Tobacco Production, Commerce, and Consumption in Nineteenth and Twentieth Century Bulgaria
- Hiroshi Nishiyama, Section of Neurobiology, College of Natural Sciences
How the Precision of Neuronal Circuitry Emerges? Imaging of Developmental Competition in the Intact
- Brain William O'Brien, Jr., School of Architecture
Approaching Irreducible Formations: Case Studies in Systemic Organization within the Context of 1950's Space-Time
- Theresa O'Halloran, Section of Molecular Cell and Developmental Biology, College of Natural Sciences
Testing the Role of Clathrin Associated Proteins during Endocytosis
- Li Sheng, Department of Communication Sciences & Disorders, Moody College of Communication
Semantic Representation in Bilinguals
- David Shields, Department of Art & Art History, College of Fine Arts
Cataloging Kelly: Studies on history, form and production from the Rob Roy Kelly American Wood Type Collection
- Faegheh Shirazi, Department of Middle Eastern Studies, College of Liberal Arts
The Commodification of Islam: Do Dolls Have to Wear the Hijab (Veil)?
- Jayant Sirohi, Department of Aerospace Engineering and Engineering Mechanics, Cockrell School of Engineering
Development of an Electronic Flight Control System for a Micro-Helicopter
- John Sisson, Section of Molecular Cell and Developmental Biology, College of Natural Sciences
Growing a New System for the Study of Fragile X Mental Retardation Protein and Translational Regulation in the Control of Cellular Morphogenesis in Drosophila Embryos
- Patricia Stout, Department of Advertising, Moody College of Communication
The Effects of Corporate Credibility, Endorser Credibility, and Brand Credibility on Consumer Responses to DTC Pharmaceutical Advertising
- Fred Valdez, Jr., Department of Anthropology, College of Liberal Arts
Culture Contact and Culture Change: The Emergence of Maya Civilization
- Wendy Wagner, School of Law
Stakeholder Influence on EPA Nonsalient Rulemakings
- Elliott Antokoletz, Butler School of Music, College of Fine Arts
- 2007-08 Research Grant Recipients
- Jemel Aguilar, School of Social Work
Exploring Texas School Social Workers' Construction of Accountability using Qualitative and Quantitative Methods
- Jennifer Beer, Department of Psychology, College of Liberal Arts
Social Influences on Decision-Making: A Gene-Hormone-Brain Approach
- Jonathan Brown, Department of History, College of Liberal Arts
Cuba, the United States, and the Secret War for Latin America, 1959-1967
- Jason Brownlee, Department of Government, College of Liberal Arts
The Political Economy of Hereditary Succession in Egypt
- Stephanie Cawthon, Department of Educational Psychology, College of Education
Development of a Validity Evaluation Tool for the use of Acommodations on State-wide Standardized Assessments for Students with Disabilities in Elementary and Secondary Education
- Sally H. Clarke, Department of History, College of Liberal Arts
The Environment and Corporate Responsibility: Law, Science, and Economics at Environmental Defense
- Ulrich Dangel, School of Architecture
Baukunst: Contemporary Architecture in Vorarlberg, Austria
- Alex DeLozanne, Department of Physics, College of Natural Sciences
Kelvin Force Microscopy of Multiferroic Materials
- Jonathan Dingwell, Department of Kinesiology & Health Education, College of Education
Predicting the Risk of Tripping from Measures Obtained during Unperturbed Walking
- Jaquelin Dudley, Section of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, College of Natural Sciences
Enhanced Innate Immunity to Viral and Bacterial Pathogens
- Sheldon Ekland-Olson, Department of Sociology, College of Liberal Arts
Justifying the Violation of Universal Moral Imperatives
- Luis Francisco-Revilla, School of Information
Interpreting Visual Layouts of Web Pages
- Wolfgang Frey, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Cockrell School of Engineering
The Role of Fibronectin and Force in the Maturation of Size-restricted Cell Adhesions
- Shama Gamkhar, LBJ School of Public Affairs
Enforcement of Pollution Control Laws and Compliance by the U.S. Refinery Sector
- Alexandra Garcia, School of Nursing
Home-based Diabetes Symptom Self-management for Mexican Americans
- George Gavrilis, Department of Government, College of Liberal Arts
Courts, Conflict, and Democracy: Judiciaries and Anti-Terror Laws in Turkey
- Laurie Beth Green, Department of History, College of Liberal Arts
Urban Health Conflicts: Struggles over Race, Rights, and Public Health in the Urban South
- Dustin Harp, Department of Journalism, College of Communication
Understanding and Empowering Marginalized Voices in the Mediated Public Sphere
- Rasika Harshey, Section of Molecular Genetics and Microbiology, College of Natural Sciences
How Salmonella typhimurium Senses Host Cell Contact through its Virulence Appendage
- John Hartigan, Department of Anthropology, College of Liberal Arts
A Comparative Study of Race-based Genomic Research
- Sharon Jarvis, Department of Communication Studies, College of Communication
Casting the Ballot: How the Media Cover Voting and Why it Matters
- Su Yeong Kim, Department of Human Ecology, College of Natural Sciences
The Mediating Role of Parenting in the Linkage between Parent-Child Acculturation Discrepancy and Adolescent Adjustment
- Mary Kirisits, Department of Civil, Architectural & Environmental Engineering, Cockrell School of Engineering
The Bacterial and Fungal Communities of Ear Infections
- Edward Kirk, Department of Anthropology, College of Liberal Arts
Habitat Acoustics of Malagasy Forests: A Comparative Study of Excess Attenuation, Background Noise, and Lemur Vocal Adaptations
- Michael Krezmien, Department of Special Education, College of Education
Reading Instruction for Struggling Incarcerated Adolescent Readers
- Rebecca Lewis, Department of Anthropology, College of Liberal Arts
The Collective Action Problem in Chimpanzees: A Model for the Evolution of Human Cooperation
- Huaiyin Li, Department of History, College of Liberal Arts
Village China under Socialism and Reform: A Micro History, 1950-2005
- Xiaoqin Li, Department of Physics, College of Natural Sciences
Development of a Novel Spectroscopy Tool for Studies of Electronic Coupling in Semiconductors
- Brad Love, Department of Advertising, College of Communication
Direct-to-Consumer Advertisements, Educational Content, and Literacy: A Prescription for Improved Health Outcomes
- Jennifer Morgan, Section of Molecular Cell and Developmental Biology, College of Natural Sciences
Identifying Molecular Mechanisms that Drive Synapse Formation during Spinal Cord Regeneration
- Luisa Nardini, School of Music, College of Fine Arts
Music from the South: Edition and Study of the Non-standard Mass Proper Items of Beneventan Manuscripts
- Jemima Pierre, Department of Anthropology, College of Liberal Arts
African Immigrants in the U.S.: The Making of Contemporary Diasporas
- Michele Rountree, School of Social Work
A Trend Analysis: HIV Testing Rates and Testing Locations among Whites, African-Americans, Hispanics, Data from the Behavioral Risk Surveillance System 2000-2006
- Krishnendu Roy, Department of Biomedical Engineering, Cockrell School of Engineering
Microfabrication of Complex, Spatially Patterned Tissue-engineering Scaffolds
- Jason Sowell, School of Architecture
- Raji Srinivasan, Department of Marketing, Red McCombs School of Business
Is Beautiful Good? Market Rewards to Superior Product Designs
- Keri Stephens, Department of Communication Studies, College of Communication
Combinatorial Information and Communication Technology Use at Work
- Yongjun Sung, Department of Advertising, College of Communication
Hel-mart.com: Antecedents and Motivations of Consumer Participation in Online Anti-brand Communities
- Dan Wheat, Department of Civil, Architectural & Environmental Engineering, Cockrell School of Engineering
Piezoelectric Response Near Growth Defects in Wood
- Jerome Williams, Department of Advertising, College of Communication
Racial Profiling of Small Entrepreneurial Business Bank Customer
- Zhiwen Zhang, Department of Medicinal Chemistry, College of Pharmacy
Decipher the In Vivo Mechanism of Staphylococcus aureus Sortase A
- Jemel Aguilar, School of Social Work
- 2006-07 Research Grant Recipients
- Dawna I. Ballard, Department of Communication Studies, College of Communication
Temporality Over Time: A Longitudinal Test of the Entrainment Perspective
- Daniel I. Bolnick, Section of Integrative Biology, College of Natural Sciences
Using Ancient DNA to Directly Document the Speed of Adaptation
- Henry P. Ciolino, Department of Human Ecology, College of Natural Sciences
Inhibition of Renal Cancer Cell Growth by Dietary Isothiocyanates
- Eugenia Costa-Giomi, School of Music, College of Fine Arts
Infants' Categorization of Melody
- Alan H. Cowley, Department of Chemistry & Biochemistry, College of Natural Sciences
A New Breed of Lanthanide Reagents and Catalysts
- Molly Cummings, Section of Integrative Biology, College of Natural Sciences
Is Sexual Selection Driving Color Pattern Diversification among Poison Frogs?
- Diana K. Davis, Department of Geography & the Environment, College of Liberal Arts
Scorched Earth: The Problematic Environmental History that Defines the Middle East
- Arturo DeLozanne, Section of MCDB, College of Natural Sciences
Purification and Molecular Analysis of Contractile Vacuoles from Dictyostelium
- Leszek Demkowicz, Department of Aerospace Engineering, College of Engineering
Fully Automatic hp-Adaptive Finite Elements for Coupled Elasticity/Acoustics
- Lawrence E. Gilbert, Section of Integrative Biology, College of Natural Sciences
Evolution and Genetics of Mimicry in Tiger Swallowtail Butterflies
- David B. Goldstein, Department of Aerospace Engineering, College of Engineering
The Use of Arbitrary Post-Collision Velocities in a Discrete Velocity Scheme for the Boltzmann Equation to Solve Micro-scale Flow Problems
- Jeffrey M. Gross, Section of MCDB, College of Natural Sciences
Microarray Analysis of Zebrafish Eye Development
- Hope H. Hasbrouck, School of Architecture
Defining a Modern Context for an Ancient Cultural Landscape
- Alexander C. Huk, Section of Neurobiology, College of Natural Sciences
Neural Mechanisms of Memory during Decision Making: Simultaneous Neurophysiological Recordings and Behavioral Testing
- Enamul Huq, Section of MCDB, College of Natural Sciences
Regulation of Gene Expression by the HLH Family of Transcription Factors in Arabidopsis
- Gyeong S. Hwang, Department of Chemical Engineering, College of Engineering
Rational Design of Oxide Supported Bimetallic Nanocatalysts
- John Kappelman, Department of Anthropology, College of Liberal Arts
Kernet:Excavation of a Middle Pleistocene Acheulean Archaeological Site on Ethiopia's Northwestern Plateau
- Izhar A. Khan, Department of Marine Science, College of Natural Sciences
G Protein-coupled Receptor 54 and its Interactions with Three Gonadatropin-releasing Hormones in Fish
- Kerry A. Kinney, Department of Civil, Architectural, & Environmental Engineering, College of Engineering
Biodiesel Production from Microalgae on the Texas Gulf Coast
- Mark Kirkpatrick, Section of Integrative Biology, College of Natural Sciences
A Genetic Analysis of Sexual Selection and Male Variation in the Platyfish
- Desiderio Kovar, Department of Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering
Microscale Cellular Materials with Non-uniform Structures
- Hung-wen Liu, Medicinal Chemistry Division, College of Pharmacy
Study of Poly(ADP-ribosyl)ation of Human Proteins by Proteome Array Screening
- Timothy J. Loving, Department of Human Ecology, College of Natural Sciences
Understanding the Stress of Passionate Love: Causes, Consequences, and Coping
- Michael S. Mackert, Department of Advertising, College of Communication
Evaluating Websites for Low Literate and Low Health Literate Populations
- Corrine McConnaughy, Department of Government, College of Liberal Arts
Research on the Effects of Gendered Identity Cues in Political Communication
- Jason T. McConville, Pharmaceutics Division, College of Pharmacy
Investigation of Lung Dissolution Properties of Drugs and Macromolecules using a Novel Pulmonary Dissolution Testing Apparatus
- Smilja Milovanovic-Bertram, School of Architecture
Roman Spaces: Conversations on the Eternal City & Contemporary Architecture
- Nicholas A. Peppas, Department of Chemical Engineering, College of Engineering
Novel Nanodevices for Biomolecular Sensing
- Stanley J. Roux, Section of MCDB, College of Natural Sciences
Labeling Approach to Identify Novel Receptor Regulating Plant Cell Growth
- Maytal Saar-Tsechansky, Department of IROM, College of Business
Active Information Acquisition for Compliance Management
- Bartholomew Sparrow, Department of Government, College of Liberal Arts
Making Public Opinion: The Politics of Polling and Media Reporting in the Decision to Attack Iraq
- David S. Stein, Section of MCDB, College of Natural Sciences
Maternal Control of Drosophila Embryonic Dorsal-Ventral Axis
- Harry L. Swinney, Department of Physics, College of Natural Sciences
Laboratory Study of Fundamental Physics of Oceanic Internal Waves
- Philip L. Varghese, Department of Aerospace Engineering, College of Engineering
Surface Processing of Biopolymer Microparticles by Atmospheric Pressure Glow Discharges
- Peter M. Ward, LBJ School of Public Affairs
The Rehabilitation of Consolidated Irregular Settlements in Latin American Cities: Towards a "Third Generation" of Public Policy Analysis
- Harovel G. Wheat, Department of Mechanical Engineering, College of Engineering
Electrochemical and Acoustic Emission Activity for Steel in Salt-Contaminated Concrete
- Andrew Whinston, Department of IROM, College of Business
Efficient Firms, Inefficient Capital Markets: An Analysis of Financial Returns to Strategic Outsourcing Alliances and Subsequent Performance, 1995-2000
- Ismail K. White, Department of Government, College of Liberal Arts
Research on the Limits of Black Racial Group Identification in American Politics
- Wei-hsin Yu, Department of Sociology, College of Liberal Arts
The Making of Gender Inequality: Women, Work, and Social Change in Japan and Taiwan
- Xiaojing Zhang, Department of Biomedical Engineering, College of Engineering
Near-field Scanning Optical MEMS Probe Tip with a Nano-meter Sized Light Emitting Diode
- Dawna I. Ballard, Department of Communication Studies, College of Communication