Summer Statistics Institute
The Department of Statistics and Data Sciences at The University of Texas at Austin is excited to announce that the 11th Annual UT Summer Statistics Institute will be held on the UT Austin campus May 21 – May 24, 2018. The UT Summer Statistics Institute (SSI) is open to 700 participants.
The 27 courses are offered at all levels and span introductory statistics, statistical software and database, statistical methods, and design and application. Taught by UT faculty and industry professionals, the intensive workshops meet for four half-days, either mornings or afternoons, for a total of twelve hours of instruction.
Whether you are new to data analysis or a seasoned statistician, SSI provides a unique hands-on opportunity to acquire valuable skills directly from experts in the field.
UT Austin students, faculty and staff receive a discount off of the regular $600 course fee. Visit our website at https://stat.utexas.edu/training/ssi to download the UT Summer Statistics Institute brochure and learn more.
Registration is Now Open!
New at SSI for 2018:
- Analysis of Variance (ANOVA)
- Applied Hierarchical Linear Modeling
- Introduction to Causal Inference
- Missing Data Analysis Using Mplus
- Statistics for Dissertation
- The Power and Pleasure of Probability
- Non-Parametric Statistical Methods for Small Datasets
Choose from a variety of courses in Software and Database, Statistical Methods or Design and Application, including:
Software and Database:
- Data Analysis Using SPSS
- Introduction to Stata
- Introduction to SQL and Relational Database Design
- Introduction to Statistics
- Large Scale Analysis with Hadoop and Spark
- Introduction to Regression
Design and Application:
- Data Science in Industry with R
- Power Analysis for Proposal Writing
- Questionnaire Design and Survey Analysis
May 21, 2018 - May 24, 2018