To help researchers manage their mouse and rat colonies, the MGEF oversees the Transnetyx TAGCenter kiosk located in the ARC Annex near the second-floor break area. Transnetyx offers automated genotyping with a reported accuracy of 99.97% and results in 24 or 72 hours. Free supplies are located at the TAGCenter.
To use the TAGCenter:
- Collect your tail snips or ear punches in the 96-well plate
- Scan your MyTAG badge and your well plate’s barcode at the TAGCenter
- Deposit your well plate in the kiosk pass-through slot
- View the drop-off time and the results time
- Receive an email from Transnetyx when your printable, exportable samples results are available in your secure, online account
The MGEF ships the deposited well plates on Tuesdays and Thursdays after 3 pm.