American Academy of Social Work and Social Welfare
The American Academy of Social Work and Social Welfare is an honorific society of distinguished scholars and practitioners dedicated to achieving excellence in the field of social work and social welfare through high-impact work that advances social good. The Academy has been established to:
- Encourage and recognize outstanding research, scholarship, and practice that contribute to a sustainable, equitable, and just future.
- Inform social policy by serving as a frontline source of information for the social work profession as well as Congress and other government agencies and non-government entities charged with advancing the public good.
- Promote the examination of social policy and the application of research to test alternative policies, programs, and practices for their impact on society.
- Celebrate excellence in social work and social welfare research, education, and practice.
- Sandy Magaña (Social Work) 2018
- Cynthia Franklin (Social Work) 2016
- Mary Marden Velasquez (Social Work) 2016
- Namkee Choi (Social Work) 2013
- Rowena Fong (Social Work) 2013
- Yolanda Padilla (Social Work) 2013
- Diana DiNitto (Social Work) 2012
- Luis Zayas (Social Work) 2012
- King Davis (Social Work) 2010
- Barbara W. White (Social Work) 2009
Visit the American Academy of Social Work and Social Welfare website.