The Office of the Vice President for Research (VPR) of The University of Texas at Austin supports research at all levels at the university.
- The office represents the university in discussions that help formulate national and state research policy.
- It identifies opportunities and fosters ties to research sponsors and collaborators outside the university.
- It promotes emerging research opportunities in non-traditional areas.
- It assures the availability of any infrastructure necessary to aid research, while adhering to all regulatory requirements.
- It fosters peer-reviewed competitions that support research. Examples include Research Grants, Special Research Grants, Book Subventions, Hamilton Book Awards, Research Excellence Awards and Undergraduate Research Fellowship programs.