UT Research Facts
Fast facts about research at the University of Texas at Austin:
- $1.1 billion was awarded in sponsored research over the past two years.
- $40 million over the past two years in revenue from the licensing of university technology.
- The university runs one of the world’s fastest supercomputers and one of the most powerful lasers.
- About 800 patents have been awarded to the university.
- The university’s 13 libraries hold more than ten million volumes.
- The Harry Ransom Center displays a Gutenberg bible and the world’s first photo.
- Quetzalcoatlus, the largest flying creature ever discovered, was found by a university student. A replica is on display at the Texas Memorial Museum.
See more below...